This dish was made by our friend Allyson, who runs a blog called Reclaiming Yesterday. Allyson believes that you should eat healthy, delicious food every single day. Well we're not going to disagree with that.
- 1 8 oz. box Banza Shells
- 2 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 sun dried tomatoes in oil
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil.
- While water comes to a boil, finely dice shallots, peel and crush garlic, and cut sun dried tomatoes into smaller pieces. Remove pits from olives.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While pasta cooks, heat a pan over medium heat and add ¼ cup of olive oil. Add shallots and pinch of salt, sautéing for about two minutes before adding in crushed garlic.
- Cook for an additional minute before adding lemon juice, sun dried tomatoes, olives, nutmeg, black pepper, and spinach leaves.
- Continue to cook just until spinach leaves are slightly wilted and remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and add to a serving bowl. Add shallot and spinach mixture to bowl along with crumbled feta and toss to combine. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.