- 1 box Banza Shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- ½ pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups roughly chopped broccoli rabe
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water. Reserve ¼ to ½ cup of the starchy cooking liquid.
- Heat a large skillet to a medium heat. Add sliced garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add sausage. Sauté until cooked through and golden brown, breaking up the pieces with a wooden spoon as you go.
- Add in broccoli rabe, sauté until bright green and slightly softened, but still has a bite.
- Add pasta and salt. Toss together. Add a little bit of starchy cooking liquid to pull the sauce together. Start with a tablespoon or two and then add more to fit your taste.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with parmesan cheese.