- 1 box of Banza rotini
- 2 ½ cups roughly chopped broccoli
- 4 roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat or chickpea flour
- 1 ½ cups hot low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chicken stock if necessary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread tomatoes and broccoli on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables roast, make the sauce. In a large skillet, heat butter over a medium heat. Whisk in flour, cook 1 minute. Slowly whisk in hot milk, salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once pasta is done cooking, add to sauce. Toss until coated. Add parmesan cheese and toss until cheese has melted and sauce is thick. Add in roasted veggies, toss until combined. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little bit of chicken stock until it reaches your desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with extra parmesan cheese.