- 1 8 oz box Banza Shells
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, drained
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta until al-dente, about 5-6 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan and add in onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in roasted red peppers and sauce for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and pulse until combined.
- Add mixture back to the pan along with crushed tomatoes, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take off of the heat and stir in fresh chopped basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to combine. Serve immediately and garnish with extra cheese, basil and crushed red pepper flakes.