- 1 box Banza Elbows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 egg
- ½ cup gluten free bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In the same pot, heat butter over a medium heat. Whisk in chickpea flour. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until thickened, about five minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add in cheese and salt. Stir until cheese has melted.
- Add in pasta, red peppers and arugula. Toss until arugula starts to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Once the mac and cheese has cooled, add egg and breadcrumbs to the mac and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Grease a regular-sized or 2 mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon mac and cheese into tins. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly and serve.