Pesto Pasta Salad with Fabanaise
- 1 box Banza rotini
- 3 ounces fresh basil leaves (about 2 ½ packed cups)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup pine nuts, divided
- ¾ cup Sir Kensington’s Fabanaise
- 1 cup kalamata olive, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Season with salt, it should taste like the sea. Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water until cool.
- In the bottom of a food processor, add basil, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon pine nuts. Pulse until pureed. If needed, scrape down the sides of the mixer with a spatula. Add in fabanaise, and process until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl. Toss with pesto until completely coated. Add in remaining salt, pine nuts, olives, tomatoes and arugula. Season to taste with salt and pepper.