Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Rotini
- 1 box Banza Rotini
- 2 egg yolks + 4 whole eggs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup chopped prosciutto
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk egg yolks, parmesan, salt, pepper and milk together.
- Cook pasta according directions in salted, boiling water. Drain and reserve starchy cooking liquid.
- In a large sauté pan, heat one teaspoon of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add prosciutto, cook until crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Add kale and garlic, cook another 2-3 minutes until kale is wilted and garlic is soft.
- Add cooked pasta to the prosciutto and kale. Toss until combined and pasta is hot.
- Take the skillet off the heat and while tossing the hot pasta, add egg yolk and cheese mixture. The hot pasta, kale and prosciutto will cook the egg yolks.
- Add some of the starchy cooking liquid to loosen the sauce up.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fry eggs in large non-stick skillet with remaining olive oil.