- 1 Box Banza Cavatappi
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely-minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh oregano
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 430℉. Spread the tomatoes evenly on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Lightly coat with olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are just beginning to blister. Remove from the oven and let cool to room-temperature.
- While tomatoes roast, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the balsamic vinaigrette: Whisk balsamic vinegar with olive oil, sugar, shallot, garlic and oregano until combined.
- Drain pasta and rinse briefly in cold water, and return to the pot. Toss with the balsamic vinaigrette. Stir in the roasted tomatoes, along with any tomato juices, the mozzarella and the basil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.