- 1 box Banza Rotini
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- 1-14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup fresh basil, plus more for garnish.
- 8 ounce mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic clove and cherry tomatoes. When onion and garlic are soft, add canned tomatoes, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce, add basil and half of mozzarella. Toss to combine.
- Top with remaining mozzarella. Place in the oven and cook until cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Top with extra basil. Serve.