Butternut Squash Alfredo
- 1 package Banza rotini
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ cup plain almond milk
- ¼ cup vegetable stock (plus more if needed)
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 4 Tlbs. Nutritional yeast seasoning
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Season liberally with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet to a medium heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, add squash, garlic, and ½ tsp. salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add almond milk. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until squash is soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree.
- Add squash mixture back to the pan along with cooked pasta, remaining salt, and kale. Turn the heat on medium-low and cook until kale is wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add nutritional yeast, toss. If needed, add in more vegetable stock to loosen sauce up. Season to taste with salt and pepper.