- 1 box Banza rotini
- 64 ounces low-sodium beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, (cut in half, leave ½ whole and thinly slice the other half)
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 star anise
- 6 cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces beef sirloin, sliced very thin
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 limes
- Add beef, half of the onion, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, star anise, cloves and salt to a stockpot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove onion, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, star anise and cloves from the broth.
- Bring to a boil and add sliced onions and rotini pasta. Cook until pasta is tender. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, divide beef between 6 bowls. Ladle hot broth over beef, it will cook it to the perfect temperature. Add noodles and onions.
- Garnish with jalapeño, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.