Bacon Mac and Cheese
- 1 box of Banza Classic Yellow Mac + Cheese
- ½ dozen slices of thick-cut bacon
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tbsp of diced Chives
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Heat a medium skillet on medium temperature. When skillet is hot, add bacon and fry until golden and crispy on each side (about 2-3 minutes per side, depending on thickness). Remove from heat. Using a sharp knife, slice bacon into half-inch pieces, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the macaroni. Also bring a small pot of water to boil. Add macaroni to the large pot, and cook according to macaroni box’s instructions. While macaroni is cooking, gently crack an egg into the center of small pot of boiling water, turn off the heat, and place the lid on the pot. After 3 minutes, use a slotted spoon to remove the now poached egg from the water, and place in a cold water bath.
- Rinse your macaroni, and return it to the large pot. Mix in cheese packet according to box’s instructions. Add in bacon pieces, paprika, salt, and black pepper, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Plate the macaroni mixture, then top it with your poached egg. Sprinkle the diced chives on top, and serve!