Avocado Cream Penne with Herbs
This yummy plate was made by Christin who posts a ton of great vegan and vegetarian recipes on her site, Veggie Chick. She lives right near us, in a suburb of Detroit, so you could say that even this recipe itself was locally sourced.
- 1 8 oz. box Banza Penne
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 cup fresh basil, stems removed
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Transfer pasta back into pot and set aside. Do not rinse.
- In a food processor, add avocados, basil, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, almond milk, sea salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add the avocado sauce to the pasta and stir to blend well. The hot pasta will warm the sauce, or you can heat over low heat on the stove until desired temperature. *Since this sauce uses avocados and they brown after a few hours, it's best to serve this dish immediately. Top with cherry tomatoes.